Premama Plus Prenatal Multivitamin Mix contains 11 key nutrients designed with your ease of use and health in mind. Support fetal eye, and brain with vegetarian-friendly Omega-3′s and CoQ10. Soothe occasional symptoms of morning sickness with Vitamin B6, minimize iron-related constipation with Ferrochel gentle iron and maintain your healthy pregnancy with Quatrefolic folate. Feel relieved. And for expectant women everywhere, this is welcome news that’s easy to swallow.
- Fortified with Omega-3′s DHA/ALA, Co-Q10, and Choline
- Soothes occasional forms of morning sickness with Vitamin B6
- Minimizes iron-related constipation with Ferrochel Iron
- Supports healthy energy with Vitamin B12
- Does not contain: Gluten, Eggs, Fish, Nuts, Shellfish, Sulfites, Tree Nut, Wheat
- Quatrefolic is an all-natural folate derivative, (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt. Premama Plus include Quatrefolic folate because up to 50% of women have difficulty converting folic acid into active folate. This is important since diets healthy in folic acid and folate have been proven to help reduce your risk of having a child with a brain or spinal birth defect. Quatrefolic does not need further metabolism and can penetrate cells as is. This form of active folate is 10x more absorbable than folic acid, has long lasting stability, high water solubility, improved bioavailability, and well-established safety.
- Ferrochel ferrous bisglycinate chelate is a unique iron the has been coupled with amino acids to increase tolerability and absorption. Iron is essential during pregnancy by maintaining healthy red blood cell levels and oxygen flow to your unborn infant. Unlike Ferrochel, basic elemental irons found in most prenatal vitamins are not readily absorbed, resulting in common side effects such as nausea and constipation. Studies show Ferrochel is safe, does not react with other nutrients and demonstrates high levels of absorbability – helping expectant women avoid iron-related constipation.
- Vitamin B6 is naturally found in whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables, and poultry. Studies show that intake of Vitamin B6 can ease pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting. Premama Plus contains 30 mg or 1154% Daily Value of Vitamin B6 – the highest of any over-the-counter prenatal supplement – to help expectant moms soothe discomforts associated with morning sickness. Further benefits include healthy baby development and maintaining normal metabolic levels during pregnancy.
- Life’s DHA is fish-free source of Docahexaenoic Acid (DHA) – and Omega-3 Fatty Acid – from algae. A healthy diet consisting of Omega-3′s during pregnancy has been recorded to help lengthen gestation, allowing women to carry fetuses to a normal or full term. Life’sDHA is also important for maintaining fetal development, proper brain and eye growth, and learning and behavioral function. Unlike other prenatal vitamins that include DHA, Premama Plus is plant-based and free from concern of ocean-borne contaminants. Life’sDHA has been granted Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) status for use in infant formula by the FDA and is used in nearly all infant formulas in the United States.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a naturally-producing, vitamin-like antioxidant found in every cell in your body. Foods such as whole grains, oily fish (e.g. salmon and tuna) and organ meats (e.g. liver) often yield high levels of CoQ10. Studies have monitored CoQ10′s effectiveness, tracing its success with supporting a healthy cardiovascular system, helping reduce the risk of preeclampsia during pregnancy (e.g. high blood pressure during 2nd and 3rd trimester), and supporting normal uterine muscle activity. Premama Plus is the only prenatal supplement on the market that contains CoQ10, a premium ingredient unavailable in other over-the-counter or prescription prenatal vitamins.
What should I mix Premama with?
Premama tastes best with juice, fruit flavored beverages, iced tea and milk. While fine with water, there may be a hint of ginger. Premama should not be mixed with soda or hot beverages. Premama’s ingredients are encapsulated to mask the flavors of the nutrients. Over time this encapsulation breaks down and the nutrients’ tastes are exposed. This may happen more quickly in some drinks compared to others. However, this does not have a negative side effect on the vitamins themselves nor on the body’s absorption of the vitamins. There may be a mild effect on taste.CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION